An eForm is required when requesting to purchase food, goods or services or when requesting an employee reimbursement.
- All purchases must meet a University need and have a clear public purpose, see FIN 119: Public Purpose Served.
- Some goods and services are limited or prohibited, see FIN 401–03: Prohibited Transactions
- Sales tax applies to most physical goods, see FIN 108: Sales Tax
- Should be limited, and are under strict audit scrutiny. See FIN 420–02: Business Meals, Food, and Related Expenses.
- Tips cannot exceed 20%
- The maximum allowable cost per individual per meal is $40 without prior approval
- If food is purchased for ASU staff &/or faculty ONLY (no students or non-ASU people), explicit justification must be included to ensure that food is really necessary to conduct business
- Events, large group trainings, conferences, etc. are typical examples of when food is purchased
- Small meetings, repetitive staff meetings, group discussions, etc. should not require food purchases
- Going-away parties, receptions, holiday parties, special occasion parties, etc. are typically not paid for using University funds.
- Exceptions include large unit celebrations, recognition for departing employees in high ranks or with the University for over 5 years.
- Submit a Purchase/Reimbursement eForm with attached Business meal form and itemized receipts. Send a copy of the e-form, original Business meal form and original itemized receipts to OFA mail code 3520.
- For Aramark, Catering Services at the MU and the University Club see Business Meals And Related Expenses Form Instructions
**If you are requesting a reimbursement and exceed these limits without prior approval, you cannot be reimbursed for the excess amount
- New Furniture, submit a Furniture Request eForm and OFA will arrange a meeting with Target to meet with you to provide a quote. For more information, see Furniture Services.
- Kat Turner with Target Interior is ASU’s contact for all furniture needs. She can be reached at Kat.Turner@TCIInteriors.com.
- Ordering Copiers, ASU has a strategic alliance with Canon who handles all of ASU printing equipment needs. For more information, see ASU-Canon Strategic Alliance Partnership.
- Vehicles purchase process is outlined in PUR 401–07: Vehicles. Departments are required to work with ASU’s Fleet Manager.
- For a list of other uncommon purchases and ASU preferred vendors, see SunMart and Purchasing and Business Services Manual