Catering on ASU Downtown Campus

ASU Approved Food Vendor List

Regardless of the size or location of your event, you may only use ASU-approved caterers for event catering.  The only exception is for staff/faculty meetings within department conference rooms.  For the complete list, please visit 

Aramark Catering

Aramark is the preferred caterer for all on-campus events. Please visit to view menus. Contact to place orders. You must use Aramark at Student Center/Post Office Building. Remember, you cannot order catering in any ASU classroom space.

ASU Food Waiver Form

There are some special occasions where you may want to use a caterer that is NOT on the approved vendor list.  Examples could include donated or complimentary food, or specialty menu items that cannot be accommodated by an approved caterer.  Caterers must be in good standing with the Maricopa County Health Department and meet ASU's minimum insurance requirements.  

In order to use a caterer that is NOT on the approved list, please visit to complete the form and await approval. 

ASU Special Event Food Permit

This permit is only required for public events (for example serving free food at the college Homecoming tent).  This does not include invitation-only events.  Please contact for permitting information and permission to serve food to the general public. 

Alcohol on ASU Downtown Phoenix campus

All alcohol purchases must have prior approval from the dean, senior associate dean or chief operating officer.

ASU Liquor Permitting

If you plan to serve alcohol on ASU Campus, you must complete a permit application and wait for approval.  Please visit to download the permit application.  More info can be found here:

You may be required to also apply for a special event liquor license and/or get permission from the building management company.  You must use a licensed bartending service that meets ASU's liquor liability insurance minimums. 

Government Liquor Permitting

If you are hosting a public event that involves the sale or service of alcohol in a public space, a state and city alcohol permit may be required.

State of Arizona

City of Phoenix